Sunday 22 February 2015

Production: Sound and Drafted Titles

Following feedback from our first Rough Cut, we realised we needed to change the sound around. As I developed the original sound track for the film, it was my job to fix it. (The sound is heavily influenced by, band, The 1975, but has been changed around a great deal. The reason we took this influence is because we found that a lot of their music suits our title sequence and had the kind of sound we were wanting to achieve.)

To begin with, I changed around the drum beats, made it change as the song went along. I also changed the instruments around and made better use of the software instruments available to me. I also changed the structure slightly and added a breakdown. All in all, I simply made it less repetitive and added more variation.




Here is what I ended up with (the video and audio have been compressed so will not be at optimum qulaity) (this video also includes the ident that had been drafted at the time) (I also decided to add a draft of the narrative titles):




This is a screenshot from 'Behind the Scenes', as it were:



No comments:

Post a Comment